I'm a designer specializing in making human-friendly technology. 👽 Ever since my first design project on augmented reality (AR) windshield to prevent distracted driving, I've gravitated toward applying HCI and design for social, economic, and environmental goods.
I'm currently at GE Healthcare, establishing user experience and interface standards and guidelines for a suite of global products. Previously, I've worked on a range of domains — including education, non-profit, transportation policy, and more.
- 2019 & 2020 Impact Award — GE Healthcare
While in undergraduate program (2013 – 2017)
- 2017 Smartphone Innovation Challenge Award of Excellence — Washington State Transportation Commission
- 2017 Smartphone Innovation Challenge Certificate of Achievement — Washington State Transportation Commission
- 2017 HCDE Best in Show — University of Washington Department of Human Centered Design & Engineering
- 2017 Capstone Design Project Grant — University of Washington College of Engineering
- 2017 Award of Merit — Global Shorts
- 2017 CHI Student Research Competition Finalist — ACM CHI Conference
- 2017 Outstanding Female Departmental Award — University of Washington Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- 2016 Dubhacks 2nd Place — Dubhacks
- UW Annual Dean's List — University of Washington
- UW Quarterly Dean's List — University of Washington
- Chen, R., Orand, M., Choi, S. Y., & Choi, L. N. (2018, April). An Empirical Exploration of Mindfulness Design Using Solo Travel Domain. In Proceedings of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 1-12).
- Chen, R., Joya, A., Choi, L. N., & Choi, S. Y. (2017, May). An Exploration of Self-Transcendence Through Solo-Travel. In Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 100-105).